small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: Hi ya'll............

Saturday, November 3

Hi ya'll............

Hey Everybody,

This is not Greg, but Greg's sister. First of all, it's been too long a time and I havent said Thank You to everyone who helped get us thru Greg leaving us and all. I tried to write something but too often couldnt see thru the tears so I just quit. But I second a lot of what my brother said earlier. We're making it and it still stings and sucks big hairy monkey butt for me personally cause I really really really miss my brother. Its a day by day thing still, but in time it'll smooth itself out. I kinda laugh to myself when I think about its Greg, my father and my grandfather all up in heaven together. The grandfather is preachin, daddy is settin little fires everywhere so he can put 'em out and keep busy and Greg is sittin back in the cut eyeballin everything. Remember the movie "Micheal" w/ John Travolta playing the bad-ass angel w/ dirty not so pretty wings? Theres Greg: wings a tad lopsided and the halo is a bit tarnished and tilted to the side. But God is good w/ it and let's him do his thing.

We thank you for your love and support and whenever I get around to printing and having all his rants bound in a book, I'll let the world know.


p.s. R.I.P. Gregory Edward Beck and tell Daddy, Grandma Stella, Popo and the rest of the gang we all said hey and love ya!

So says the sister.......
"and the monkey flipped the switch"

11 Comments:

Blogger Nightmare said...

Sista,

I look forward to re-reading all of Greg's musings. They are like a good movie. No matter how many times you watch it, you always see something new.

It was an honor to meet you and your's.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Well Hell Michelle said...

Greg loved that movie Michael and I always gave him so much shit about it. But Stephanie, now I can completely see him the way you described, crooked halo and all :)

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Along with the crooked wings,and the tarnished halo, don't forget the " who gives a shit" look on his face.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Pink said...

YES! Thank you Sister! I miss Greg's musings so much and like Nightmare said, you always see something new.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

Thanks sis!
I've only been reading Greg for about 2 years. and loved that good hearted guy straight away. Would be nice to read his old stuff back. And keep coming back to his blog. To remember the smile he puts on peoples faces.
Thanks!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

Glad to hear you are gonna carry the torch. You know, a sample of Greg's voice can be heard on the new Bacon Shoe record that comes out December 21st. I got an early copy and it was so sweet to hear his voice. I'll get you a copy if you want. email me your address to
stulipana@kc.rr.com and I'll send it to you.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just surfed over here from TKC, and now I regret all the time I wasted there, and that I never came here before Greg died. Gawd, what hilarious, truthful stuff. What a blog should be! Thanks for recycling, and my condolences to his family.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just heard about this from another blogger.

Vale Greg.

You will be sadly missed.

AS we Aussies say, goodonyamate, for carrying on the good work, sis.

11:24 PM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

I'm back for one of my occasional visits.....

Need some inspiration and Greg's thoughts usually provide.
Miss Ya Big Man

1:04 PM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

I got to missing the Big man and came back for a visit.

You left a big hole in the world when you left. We miss you.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Here is to you great one

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home